Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Ionic Cordova In Android Studio (no Installed Build Tools Found)

I develop in ionic 2 and I'm trying to open the project (from ionic android build) in Android Studio. I get the following error: Error:No installed build tools found. Please insta

Solution 1:

You should refer doFindLatestInstalledBuildTools method in cordova.gradle file:

StringdoFindLatestInstalledBuildTools(String minBuildToolsVersion) {
    def availableBuildToolsVersions
    try {
        availableBuildToolsVersions = getAvailableBuildTools()
    } catch (e) {
        println "An exception occurred while trying to find the Android build tools."throw e
    }
    if (availableBuildToolsVersions.length > 0) {
        def highestBuildToolsVersion = availableBuildToolsVersions[0]
        if (compareVersions(highestBuildToolsVersion, minBuildToolsVersion) < 0) {
            thrownewRuntimeException(
                "No usable Android build tools found. Highest installed version is " +
            highestBuildToolsVersion + "; minimum version required is " +
            minBuildToolsVersion + ".")
        }
        highestBuildToolsVersion
    } else {
        thrownewRuntimeException(
        "No installed build tools found. Install the Android build tools version " +
            minBuildToolsVersion + " or higher.")
    }
}

Obviosly, getAvailableBuildTools() returns empty array:

String[] getAvailableBuildTools() {
    def buildToolsDir = newFile(getAndroidSdkDir(), "build-tools")
    buildToolsDir.list()
        .findAll { it ==~ /[0-9.]+/ }
        .sort { a, b -> compareVersions(b, a) }
}

In my case, System.getenv("ANDROID_HOME") returned wrong path in getAndroidSdkDir() method, so the solutions are:

  1. Simply replace System.getenv("ANDROID_HOME") with your real Android SDK path (but you should remember that SDK location differs on other PCs)
  2. Setup correct path for $ANDROID_HOME environment variable
  3. You can set build tool version manually in build.gradle files and skip calling methods described above (be sure to setup it for all the modules in the app):

    android { buildToolsVersion "your_version_here" }

Solution 2:

I had similar issue. I fixed it by changing the Project structure as follows:

  • Gradle version=3.5
  • Android Plugin version=2.3.1

Solution 3:

Start Android Studio.

On Android Studio landing page, select Configure > SDK Manager.

Go to tab SDK tools, you will see a warning regarding the build tools versions, just check to upgrade.

Post a Comment for "Ionic Cordova In Android Studio (no Installed Build Tools Found)"